Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Oh...toh....toh?

The onsen plan has again fallen through. If I can't go with Kyousuke in Tokyo I shall not experience one this trip. However! Tomorrow I'm going to a temple and a concert after classes. I'll also be going to a beach with some friends all day Friday way out in the country. I have a very busy week's end ahead of me. Let's see how it goes! I met Taka for the last time tonight. We went to a yatai! Yay! Here's a picture of a yatai.



I will miss him, and we had good times together. The other night Ryan and I met Miwa and her sister one last time. We went out to eat and had good times. However, Ryan and I are loud and overly-hyper Americans, so Miwa and her sister sat and marveled out how fast we could spit out our strange stories and jokes in our unique and slightly mauled Japanese. Good times were had by all I do believe. Just to give an example of mine and Ryan's sleep deprivation induced stories... I told a story about how an old lady dropped her hat on a busy road while crossing it. I, being the hero that I am, biked as fast as I could possibly bike and while holding on with one hand I leaned over, grabbed the hat, and barely beat a speeding bus heading straight for the old woman's accessory. This was only party true. Ryan shivered shortly after. I asked him if a opossum ran over his grave. He said he had never heard such a silly thing. The girls didn't understand the saying (of course) so Ryan proceeded to explain in Japanese. HOWEVER! He got his words mixed up. I didn't stop him, because it was awesome, but he mixed up the word for "grave" with the word for "firefly." Yeah, it was funny. Especially the looks on the girls faces. He was telling about how he was covered in fireflies, or he was inside of a firefly, while a strange animal was walking over the firefly that he happened to have died in. It was great. I was laughing and crying at the same time. Ok! That's all! Bye bye! I hope to update again before going to Tokyo!

- Derek

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that sounds so hilarious. I wish I had been there to hear the story... I probably would have passed out from laughter! I can't wait to see you... I haven't laughed hard in a while so I need some Derek times. (>")> <(")> <("<)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! Awesome! I love that pic of you! Awesome outfit!

Derek said...

Yes. However, Jess, you wouldn't have been able to understand the story. My Japanese skills far surpass those of even the heaviest samurai, therefore I was able to understand the funniness. I will try to repeat in Japanese when I get back and we shall see how you fare. Hahahahaha!

And to reply to two comments at once:

Yes, that was an awesome outfit. My fashion sense now far surpasses even the the most light of the sumo wrestlers that live today. A small boy asked me how he could look as cool as me the other day, and after I gave him my advice he instantly turned into a full grown man with money and a car and even a very very curly mustache.

Ryan A. said...

dude derek its RY BOY

ive got a CRAZY story for you. email me at my gmail address i gave you. ill tell ya all about it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.