Monday, June 1, 2009

placed!

i have received the location of my new home in japan! :D

looks like i'll be living in a city called isahaya (諫早市) in nagasaki (長崎県) prefecture. i'm not sure of the school yet, but it's only 2.5 hours away from fukuoka city by public transit! i am most excited.

some info i found about isahaya:

141,215 population

.....

that's it! there's pretty much no information on this place in english that's not over ten years old. however! there is a lot of information in japanese, so once i have a chance to sort through it all, i'll try to add some more info. it looks like my discoveries will have to be mostly hands on. but that is ok with me!

i couldn't have asked for a better location. <3

6 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

So how did you get your new home? Are you living with someone? or by yourself? How did you pick that city?

How did you pick your blog name and what does it mean? :) Inquiring minds want to know :)

Derek said...

I got accepted into the JET Program (Japan Exchange and Teaching Program)! Woo hoo! It's a program run through a part of the Japanese government that's meant to help out local-level internationalization! I'll be an assistant English teacher in a public school, though I'm not sure which age group yet.

I started the application for this program last fall, got accepted, and I just found out that I'll be in Nagasaki - quite a long process! The program picked the location for me, because I didn't put a preference. I wanted to be surprised :)

KAEDAMA! This means "I want more noodles in my bowl!" Haha. It's something you say at a ramen shop if you run out of noodles, but you still have some soup. In Fukuoka it was usually only one extra dollar for this! Awesome. So... I am getting more Japan noodles in the soup bowl that is my life! Or something cheesy like that... (/.o)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the JET program :) That's so cool! I can't wait to hear more about it!! That's really cool!! Congrats!!

I like the blog title :) That's fun!

Debbie :) said...

So happy for you!!! So sad at the same time ;(

Debbie :) said...

Great pics of China! I want to see one of you!
Did you actually eat all of the items in your pics?

Sarah Jane said...

Hey! I was looking for a good photo of Isahaya for my desktop and stubbled on your blog. I am going to Isahaya this year in the JET program too! please email me at alphafish3@gmail.com