Monday, June 4, 2007

Yatta!

Alright! Here I am! I'm in Japan! Finally! Exclamation marks! Woo hoo! I'm in an internet cafe right now, with all the manga that I can read, all the anime I can watch, and all the foot baths I can handle. And it has free drinks!
The flight was super duper long and I couldn't sleep. There was a crazy half-drunken lady in front of me who kept making a ruckus. When I got to Tokyo they liked the cute picture of me in my passport so they let me come into the country. My friend Kyousuke, who many of you guys saw pictures of, met me in the airport in Tokyo. We ate lunch together (super good ramen, be jealous) and then he drove me to the Haneda airport. They drive on the wrong side of the road! It was terrible. But I survived the trip to the airport and made it to Fukuoka, where my host family picked me up.
The host family is great. Mr. Tanaka, Mrs. Nakagawa, and their 9 y.o. daughter, Raimu. Yes, they're married, and why they have different last names is beyond me. Something about Mrs. Nakagawa being older. But anway, they rock! They took me to a Bhuddist temple/"theme park" as they called it. It has some old relics and a huge statue of a reclining Bhudda (the biggest in Japan), but it also has some stuff that is mostly for show apparently. Anyway, I bought a cute something for my mom there but she'll have to wait until I get back to see it : )
Well, this cafe is very awesome, but it is costing me a few yen to use it, so I should wrap up this entry. You're probably getting bored of it by now anyway. Japan rocks, the fashion here is capital CRAZY (and slightly awesome), the food is cheap and good, the teachers at my school are kind, and Pokemon is popular. I'm off to take pictures of a Sega arcade for my friend. Until next time!

- Derek, who is in Japan.

P.S. Sorry for the excitement. I had too much sleep last night and too much good Japanese food today, so I'm a bit hyper. Woops! Oh, and when I connect to Blogger here, well, it's all in Japanese. I have to figure out how to upload pictures, etc. Well, let's try!

p.p.s. Here's the link to my new yahoo picture account! I'll add descriptions later if I run out of time. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/derekuinjapan

4 comments:

Debbie :) said...

Keep your blogs this "boring"...makes us feel like we're there. :)

Amanda said...

Yay, Derek!!! Totally awesome. I love your pictures. Definately keep it this "boring."

What's the possiblity you can bring me back a little Bhudda? I can send you some money.

Take care.

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited you made it there okay! Can't wait for more posts!!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited you made it there okay! Can't wait for more posts!!